Sunday, August 10, 2008

Are You Going To Talk About The Puppies Or The Mink-Lined Handcuffs??

When I glibly said Bernann McKinney was another crazy American pet lady, I didn't count on her being an American pet lady who was genuinely crazy.
"I thought people would be honest enough to see me as a person who was trying to do something good and not as a celebrity," McKinney told the AP. "My mother always taught me, 'Say something good or say nothing at all.'"
"I think I gave people too much credit," she said.
[...]
But the now-57-year-old McKinney said that, as far as she's concerned, the Joyce McKinney of 31 years ago doesn't exist. She maintains her innocence and says the woman of all those years ago is a "figment of the tabloid press. ... I don't want that garbage in with the puppy story."
Yeah, some people get really weird about somebody who jumps bail after being charged in England with abducting a missionary for sex slavery, even if it was 30 years ago. Go figure.

But hey, PUPPIES! Um, right?

No comments: